Software development outsourcing may not be a new concept to some. Yet for those who just happen to hear it the first time, you may be wondering what it means.
Simply put, it's when companies choose to hire an external service provider to handle the design, development, and maintenance of software applications for their business. This is a strategy commonly practiced by numerous businesses—ranging from small to large ones.
There are several reasons why businesses outsource
their software development. One primary motive is cost-effectiveness, particularly for small companies or startups with limited resources. By outsourcing, these companies can efficiently leverage the expertise of skilled professionals to handle their technological needs, without the requirement of maintaining extensive in-house teams.
Others also do it for benefits like scalability, flexibility, faster time-to-market, and more. Among all businesspersons, this strategy provides great value to non-technical founders and entrepreneurs.
Nathan Resnick, the non-technical founder of Sourcify, did the same thing when he was still trying to develop his business. During the process, he sought the help of a small team of skilled developers who made the software platform he had in mind. Although the technical development of it wasn't his, the idea was.
Outsourcing software development offers significant advantages for business development, but it's important to follow a step-by-step process to ensure success.
1. Define Your Project Requirements and Goals
Before you get an idea of what you'll be outsourcing for software development, you first have to define your project goals and needs. Any project without clearly-delineated objectives would be quite chaotic to handle.
To quickly summarize things for you, here's how you can define your project requirements and goals effectively:
- Identify the Purpose: Think about why you started the project and how it's aligned with your business objectives. In this part, you can probably ask yourself what the software you'll need will address or provide. Look into its benefits, challenges, and risks.
- Define the Software Features: Make a list of all the desired features and functionalities of the software. Doing so enables you to have a clear image of the desired outcome you wish to achieve.
- Set Measurable Objectives: Make sure that your goals are SMART. That means it should be specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-bound.
- Consider User Experience: It's always essential to take into account the needs, preferences, and behaviors of your target users. If you wish to gain a competitive edge, prioritizing user experience is one of the essential things to do.
2. Find the Right Outsourcing Partner
There may be a lot of IT companies out there, but it's important to look for one that fits your needs. When looking for the right outsourcing partner, there are several things you have to consider—budget, skills, expertise, and reputation.
First, determine the budget that you can allot for the project. Then, begin your research for potential partners, and look for those that offer services within your budget range. Make a list and narrow it down by looking into their portfolio, client testimonials, and more. Is the quality of their work within the standard you've set? If so, they might be who you need.
Yet aside from these factors, you may also check whether their expertise matches your project's requirements. While they may have an exemplary set of skills and offer quality services, this is important to ensure the successful execution of your project.
Simply put, conducting due diligence should be the initial step when seeking the right outsourcing partner for your business. If you're looking for a reputable offshore outsourcing partner, we offer tech services
that can be tailored to your needs.
3. Establish Clear Communication Channels
You have established your clear objectives and already have an outsourcing partner, everything seems about ready, right? Well, it doesn't end there! You have to oversee the process and to do that, you need to have clear communication channels.
4. Ensure Quality Control and Timely Delivery
Why Choose JLabs for IT Outsourcing
As a versatile tech solutions company catering to a diverse range of clients, our company has demonstrated its exceptional expertise in serving both local and international markets. Our track record showcases numerous successful launches of tailored to meet the specific needs of service and product-based businesses alike.
Our skilled team of tech experts can help build the custom software you want with your own specified requirements. Whether you're a startup
or , we can ease your business's tech challenge. You won't have to spend big as you would when you hire or recruit tech specialists.